Waste Wise

Waste Wise

WasteWise taught us a lot about how not to waste things. Our topic was “How to reduce food waste”. Our project was to create a drone in the future that can deliver food to needy people. I think we learned a lot about how to reduce trash or waste. I think this topic was important because we need to save the earth before it gets all gross and polluted. The earth is our only home and we need to take good care of it, just as it takes care of us, giving us resources and food and water. Waste and trash end up in landfills, and most of it (80%) is burnt to make compost. But the other 20% is thrown in the ocean. Small fish eat the trash and get sick. Then bigger fish, such as sharks, eat the small fish. The sharks get diseased and animals keep eating each other in the food chain and get sick as they do. To prevent this from happening, WasteWise taught to use the “3 r’s”:reduce, reuse, and recycle, and they keep the “blue planet” blue.